Monday 22 February 2010

Tax havens: how much tax do the rich avoid or evade?

How much tax do the rich get away with - through avoidance or evasion?

According to Richard Murphy it's at least £18.5 billion!


Richard Murphy

£18.5 billion is, I suspect, an underestimate, but it’s always worth being cautious when it comes to these matters. Even so the loss is staggering: that’s £18.5 billion a year lost to the UK Exchequer as a result of the abuse of tax havens by corporations and individuals resident in the UK.

Part is avoidance. A significant amount is evasion.

And of course I’m not naïve enough to think that this means all can be recovered. But I’m equally adamant that significant amounts could be.

Click HERE to go to Richard Murphy's fascinating article & site.


-0-

Posted via email from sunwalking's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My focus is inter-spiritual living

ShareThis