Monday 15 February 2010

Ever wondered what life would be like with the BNP? - Dominic Kennedy of the Times found out.

Times reporter Dominic Kennedy is evicted from the BNP meeting in Hornchurch
to not show photographer information -->

(Paul Hackett/The Times)

to not show image description -->

Minutes after inviting him in, the BNP ejects the Times reporter Dominic Kennedy from a press conference. They objected to an article in Saturday's paper

to not show enlarge option -->

Recommend? (70)

-->

One man grabbed my nose and tried to remove it from my face. I was seized and shoved out of the door towards a parked car. I threw my hands out to steady myself. A BNP thug snarled: “Don’t touch people’s cars mate.” Obviously, I offered no resistance.

I had gone to the Elm Park pub in Hornchurch to report on a press conference at which Nick Griffin, MEP for North West England and chairman of the British National Party, was to explain how his activists had just passed an historic membership reform.

Although I had been invited, one prominent BNP politician had taken exception to an article in Saturday’s edition of The Times. After he lost his temper with me I was quickly shoved and lifted out of the building, hit in the back and had my face squashed.

The BNP, the most successful hard-right party since Oswald Mosley’s 1930s neo-Nazi Blackshirts, had been forced by equality legislation to hold an extraordinary general meeting to let non-whites become members.

Click on link and read full article

Posted via web from sunwalking's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My focus is inter-spiritual living

ShareThis