Thursday 16 June 2011

Click here for 60secs Meditation Time-out

Take a minute out of the hustle and hassle.

Candleburning_wikipedia

Be still – starting with a few moments.

.

Light is light for us all.

.

Let your breath breathe you - now.

.

Imagine your mind as a movie-theatre.

.

Witness each thought-feeling that arises

enters on the movie screen, left or right, up or down.

.

Say to each thought-feeling that arises'

"Hello.  Thank-you.  Goodbye."

.

See the thought-feeling exit left, or right, from the movie-theatre.

.

Smile.

.

Breathe the breathing.

.

Let the breathing breathe you.

.

Sense the whole to which we all belong.

.

Invite the quietness.

.

Be still.

.

Smile.

.

Breathe your trans-form-ation.

.
Give thanks.
.

Return to the here-and-now.

-0-

-

-

-

-

-

-

On returning we find there are only concepts -

“Concepts are delicious snacks with which

we try to alleviate our amazement.”

(A J Heschel)

.

We fly with two wings 

the nonduality of 'oneness via meditation' and 

the duality of 'me and my concepts', 'me and the world'.

.

Both wings are needed.

.

When we, meditatively, are in 

amazement/awe/wonderment we are 

at-one, nondual, ego-less.

.

When we return to thought as in 

'I-me', 'I-IT', 'I-we', 'I-thou', 'I-me' thought-forms - we have 

duality, subject and object.

.

Neither is bad, each is 

a wing though which to 

fly.

.

Nonduality is where we 'let go, and let 

the Universe, the Source, the Whole, Ultimate Reality, God' (choose your preferred term).

.

Duality is where we chop wood, 

carry water, 

do the laundry, 

earn a living......................

.

-0-

.
NB Copyright Dr Roger Prentice, SoulNeeds, You are free to re-use the piece providing you do so with a live link back to my site.

Posted via email from sunwalking's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My focus is inter-spiritual living

ShareThis