1. Don’t worry about the camera so much, just take the damn photo.
2. Ditch the zoom lens and screw on some primes
3. Carry your camera gear in a messenger bag (it makes your camera & lenses easier to access).
4. Go for the candid look.
5. Go for the shock factor.
6. Smile often.
7. When shooting from the hip, your first 1000 shots will be terrible.
8. Don’t make eye contact with your subjects when trying to be discrete.
9. Imagine that the world is your stage and people are your actors.
10. Feel free to ask people to take their portraits.
Click on link to read the full list