Friday 24 August 2012

Exquisitely chanted Baha'i Prayer for the Departed (Laurie Early)

O my God! O Thou forgiver of sins! Bestower of gifts! Dispeller of afflictions!

Verily, I beseech Thee to forgive the sins of such as have abandoned the physical garment and have ascended to the spiritual world.

O my Lord! Purify them from trespasses, dispel their sorrows, and change their darkness into light. Cause them to enter the garden of happiness, cleanse them with the most pure water, and grant them to behold Thy splendours on the loftiest mount.

'Abdu'l-Bahá




Laurie says:


I created this musical setting of the prayer in honor of my musical mentor, Ulysses L. Slaughter, Jr. This was the first public performance, January 4th, 2009, (not the 9th, that's a typo), at his memorial service. 

I continually dedicate my musical life to his memory.

Posted via email from sunwalking's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My focus is inter-spiritual living

ShareThis