Sunday 8 July 2012

Exquisite simplicity in a teaching from John Daido Loori Roshi

Image

The following is a quotation from The Brooklyn Sutras blog;

I first met Daido Roshi in a group setting, and I was at once taken by his candor and his gently imposing presence. I don’t know what I expected, but his humor was disarming, his words powerful, yet he held it all effortlessly.

I asked him that weekend, “What does it mean to follow the breath?” He kind of looked me over for a second or two and answered, 

“Sometimes you’re with the breath; other times you’re not. When you find you’re not with the breath, come back to the breath.”


And that’s what I try to do.

Posted via email from sunwalking's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My focus is inter-spiritual living

ShareThis