Saturday 7 April 2012

Nan Goldin; " I don't remember much ever feeling like a child, so maybe photographing them triggers memories." Sarah Phillips Guardian interview

nan goldin View larger picture
One of Nan Goldin's best shots Photograph: Nan Goldin

I don't photograph adults so much any more. I don't have a child and, psychologically, my focus on them is a lot about me wishing that I did. But I am a godmother to friends' children around the world – in Berlin, New York, Sweden and Italy. I don't remember much ever feeling like a child, so maybe photographing them triggers memories.

Click on link above to read article by Sarah Phillips in the Guardian.

Goldin's art, like that of Tracy Emin, and many of us, flows from pain and from the struggle to emerge into a fuller degree of wholeness & healing.

Of course art created out of happiness and privilege can be much harder.

Posted via email from sunwalking's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My focus is inter-spiritual living

ShareThis