Saturday 31 July 2010

Interested in film (movies) - check out Jim Emerson's website (same home as Roger Ebert)

Kristin Thompson, author of "Storytelling in the New Hollywood: Understanding Classical Narrative Technique," a book I can't believe I haven't read and have therefore just ordered, explores her observations and theory of story structure in a blog entry called "Times go by turns," which gets to the heart of how movie storytelling works by showing how familiar structures involve the use of more than the "three acts" we're accustomed to thinking about. She was inspired by the Society for the Cognitive Study of the Moving Image conference in June at the University of Wisconsin in Madison -- and, boy, does that ever sound like something that would be up my street. (Also: See my post "Tell me a story... or don't.")

Posted via email from sunwalking's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My focus is inter-spiritual living

ShareThis